Case Study in the Legal Sector
This is the success story of a well-known law firm and how in 12 months we managed to increase organic visibility by 150% to become one of the leading law firms for startups and the technology sector.
EAT: How to get the authority and the trust needed to position on GoogleIn the SEO world, everyone knows the meaning of the acronym EAT: expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness. However, at the time this concept was published in the guidelines given to Google’s quality raters, it was a whole new field to explore and to develop a new methodology. For those unfamiliar with EAT, this concept implies that not all content searched for on Google is measured by the same rules. For Google, there are subjects where it is necessary to provide users with guarantees that they can trust the websites and content that appears in the top positions. We call this content, which is not the only one that EAT covers but perhaps the most representative, Your Money or Your Life: “Some types of pages or topics could affect a person’s future happiness, health, financial stability or security. We designate these pages as “Your Money or Your Life” pages, or YMYL.” That is, for anything that affects users’ “happiness, health or wealth”, Google wants to make sure that the sites that appear are recognized entities, which users can trust for advice about their health or finances. This is also the case for legal searches that users perform on Google.
Increased visibility by 150%We received the project in February 2019. As you can see in the graph below, visibility had been stagnant throughout 2018 and was starting to take a downward trend in 2019. In April 2019 we managed to turn the tables and get on a growth path that would lead us to raise organic visibility to the threshold of 10,000 monthly users. The points below are some of the processes and actions we took in the first few weeks of the project to heal the trajectory of this project.
Content with the ability to build trust and attract customersOne of the first steps was to generate content of transactional value, that is, with the capacity to obtain leads from customers interested in the service. To be considered a reference and expert in our sector Google needs to find content on our website that satisfies the user’s search intent, and also encourages the user to establish contact for further information. Therefore, we must ask ourselves:
- Is it user-friendly in finding answers to their legal concerns?
- Is the content signed by an authority figure in the sector?
- Do the content and the person signing it convey trust and authority?
- Is it likely that if the user reads the content he/she will want to contact us to hire our services?
- Is it easy for all users to find and complete the contact form?
Getting industry references to talk about usThe reputation of our brand plays a fundamental role, and the times in which it is referenced on other websites in our sector are fundamental to gain Google’s trust. Our client had an expert and respected team in the sector, however, this leadership was not yet reflected on their website, nor other reference websites in the field. So we devised a plan to get Google to recognize our authority in the sector. How did we do it?
- Detect and contact leading websites in Google in the contents and matters of our areas of expertise.
- Capture trends and write newsworthy articles in which our client was referenced.
- Improve the visibility of the articles and ensure that our client’s brand was constantly in the spotlight.
Experts in positioning you as an expertIn order to attract clients online, it is necessary to gain the trust of both Google and its users. The main weakness of many professionals is that they do not know how to transfer their authority and expertise to the Internet. To achieve this, it is necessary to create content that is thorough and rigorous, but also structured in a way that is easy to understand. In addition, if other authoritative sites on the Internet do not echo the content published on your website, there is much less likelihood that Google will consider you a reference in your sector. At iSocialweb, somos we are experts in helping experts and professionals like you to gain the visibility and trust on the internet that you deserve for your good “know-how”. To do this we offer you a multidisciplinary team of copywriters, SEOs and analysts capable of:
- Identify which are the searches that your customers perform on Google.
- Identify which of these searches are most profitable for your business.
- Create and optimize content to satisfy customer searches.
- Get referrals to your website from other key players in your sector
- Boost the number of users who contact you after visiting your site
Other Success Stories
If you liked it, share...
Agency specialized in digital marketing engineering. Traffic acquisition, analysis and optimization of results.