Success story SEO Natural Health
First step: Defining a good strategy and action plan
The importance of a well-defined architectureWith a project of this size, it is important to define some bases and guidelines for a clear and organized architecture, which not only helps Google to crawl the project, but also offers a good user experience. Among the main actions of the project, we highlight the following:
- Analysis of targeted keywords for product families, sub-families, categories, brands and products.
- Implementation through an on-page optimization that includes an analysis of the current situation of the project, its structure, indexability, etc.
- Analysis of the user experience (UX) to enhance the usability of the website and, by extension, its conversions.
- Revision of content based on the terminology analysis carried out to expand and optimize existing content.
- Treatment of discontinued and/or unavailable products.
- Analysis for the implementation of variables in the metadata for products of certain categories.
- Log analysis to evaluate Google’s behavior on the site.
- Detection and correction of errors in the rich snippets of categories and products.
Content is the King or How to improve your rankings with the appropriate keywordsKeeping the structure of the previous point, changes were made at the content level. In this case, we also had a team of copywriters specialized in the different topics, which facilitated the improvement of the pages indicated by us from the SEO point of view. With this action, we were able to provide the main pages with quality content both for the user and for Google. A good analysis of entities and related concepts allowed us to enrich the content and provide it with more SEO value. Priority was given to the Top URLs, chosen both at the SEO level and mainly at the business level, to speed up the visible results in terms of improvements in organic traffic, positioning and conversions. As a highlight, after the implementation of improvements in terms of content, title, descriptions and Hs, one of the keywords with the highest volume of searches related to phytotherapy went from being 3rd page to Top 5. We continued to expand and optimize content for the rest of the sections. It must be taken into account that this is an eCommerce with a high number of registrations that change periodically.
A well-planned off-page strategyApart from the content strategy, a link-building strategy was proposed and implemented to strengthen and make the current link profile more natural and to continue improving the site’s authority. This is a project with high authority and important branding work. Due to this, we also contacted certain related blogs and contextualized digital media where the brand was mentioned.
Visibility index evolutionIn the next graph we can see how the Sistrix visibility index of the project has risen over time: Since the beginning of the actions in August 2019 and, as we can see in the Semrush graph, there is an evolution in the trend of organic traffic as a result of the actions carried out. Similarly, there was an increment in the keywords positioned during the period where the actions were carried out: There has been a progressive rise in terminology based on the optimizations performed in terms of content. According to the data registered in March in Semrush, it has approximately 50k keywords positioned in Google Spain and 11k positioned in the Top 10.
Project continuity and progressFrom the beginning of the project, we established a work process related to the identification of a keyword per product URL. Due to a large number of products available in the project, the work was structured in different phases. In addition, we organized some monitoring guidelines to face the migration with each of the steps to be followed, among which the following stand out:
- FForce a complete recrawl of all new URLs.
- Force reindexing of new URLs.
- De-indexing or updating old URLs with no value.