AI video generation
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is revolutionizing the way we create content, and video is no exception.
Thanks to AI, marketers and communications professionals can deliver much faster and more engaging content to their respective audiences at a fraction of the cost.
The same is happening with video.
It’s still a bit tricky, but… Who remembers the days when you needed a camera and a TV set to record your own show?
That is a thing of the past.
And this can certainly happen with virtual studios and video edition programs thanks to the AI.
In a very short time, it will almost certainly not even be necessary to have recorded footage to produce high quality videos in a fraction of the time.
In fact, we can already count on AI tools that allow us to convert text into images, generate audio automatically and edit text more efficiently.
But what if you had a tool that could do it all automatically?
Well, it’s already possible thanks to this little script that will allow you to generate AI videos on autopilot.
Ingredients: What you need for the creation of a video with artificial intelligence
But how are we going to create this video automatically?
Well, it is necessary to chain three different APIs:
- When creating a video, the first thing we need is the content. To do this, we generate the text with the OpenAI API and the GPT 3 model, although we can also opt for GPT or another superior model. There are other alternative models that you can use, such as Bloom.
- Then we will convert that text into speech. To do this, we will use Amazon Web Services (AWS), one of the most common APIs, and we will use its text-to-speech library, Polly. The main advantages of Polly over other tools is that it is low cost and very easy to use. Because it is easy to use and inexpensive.
- Finally, we transform text into images. We will use static images, we will not generate a video, although there are many advances in this field. For this, we will use the Replicate API and the StyleGAN model.
Here is an outline of the functions we are going to use, the API and the concrete model.
How to make videos with artificial intelligence
The input for our video will be a prompt in which we will specify the theme of our video.
We will tell GPT-3: “write a script for a video about video generation with Artificial Intelligence”.
The GPT3 model will return a script and we will tell Polly: “take this text and generate a voice”.
This will give us an audio document, now we have to make a request to Replicate: “For each sentence, separate the text into dots and generate an appropriate image over that text”.
This will give us a list of images. We will then put the audio and images together into a final video.
Content script functions to categorize keywords:
Now, we are going to explain you what tasks are executed by the script that our Head of SEO, Alvaro Peña de Luna, has programmed, based on the script generated by @DavidGarciaSEO
Es cierto que a veces aparecen imágenes algo "raras" pero es cuestión de que la tecnología avance o probar con otra API diferente a Dall-e.— David García (@DavidGarciaSEO) February 10, 2023
El script lo tienes aquí (no funciona en colab): https://t.co/MSsTmYhB1M
Te recomiendo ver antes este vídeo: https://t.co/S9fXlCXMw8
Colab performs a number of specific tasks, which I will describe below:
- Collects a prompt: Colab collects a prompt or a text suggestion that is provided to generate content.
- Generates text: From the prompt, Colab automatically generates text using pre-trained artificial language models.
- It gives it a voice: Colab then uses a speech synthesis program to convert the generated text into a synthetic voice.
- It creates the images for each of the sentences: For each of the generated sentences, Colab creates images that correspond to the visualization of the sentences. These images can be graphics, illustrations, or any other image that is relevant to the generated content.
- Concatenates the images: Next, Colab concatenates all the images generated for each sentence and joins them into a single image that represents all the generated content.
- Creates a video: Finally, Colab, uses a video editing program to create a video in which the image generated for each sentence is shown together with the synthetic voice that reads them.
Steps prior to the execution of generate videos con IA
The first thing to do is to open the Python code in your browser using Google Colab.
Now, we must have access to the three APIS we are going to need. If you are a follower of our AI list on our YouTube channel or our blog, you will already have the first access created.
- OpenAI API
- Polly login and password
- Replicate API
Once we have all of them, we’ll need to enter them in the following lines of code:
Once we have all of them, we will have to introduce them in the following lines of code:
Let's go to our Colab and run script
In order to create a video in a fully automatic way and, of course, with our super helper known by its nickname IA, we will follow these steps::
- We create a client for the OpenAI API, using standard Python libraries for API use.
- We write the initial prompt on line 16 of the Phyton script.
- We will provide the necessary access keys for the API input and output and choose the parameters to use. Remember: you can play with the model, temperature, maximum number of tokens to use…
- With the prompt text, an audio will be generated thanks to the Polly client we have used, which will be saved in MP3 format.
- We will calculate the duration and separate the text into sentences to create an image for each of them. With this data, the duration of each image will be determined.
- Using Replicate’s Stable Broadcast API, an image will be generated for each text fragment, adjusting the parameters as necessary.
- Check that everything is correct and save each image in the content.
- We concatenate the images with the set duration and add the corresponding audio.
- The result will be saved in MP4 format and can be downloaded.
In the video below, you can watch each step in detail and you can also see which lines of code you can modify to adjust different parameters according to your needs.
Download Google Colab and create your own videos
This is the script we used in the previous video: Go here to Google Colab
Give it a try and tell us what you think.
Or even better, share your work with us, so we can see the results alive.
Here is the result obtained
The result of the video is not very good because the prompt used in this case: “AI generating videos for youtube” is very poor.
Keep in mind that the prompts used in the colab script are much more elaborate and will give you better results than those seen in the video tutorial we have recorded.
The important thing, in short, is to get the idea of how it is possible to generate a video automatically.
Also, if you know python, you can touch our script and improve the prompt to get a much better elaborated video for your purposes.
How can I use artificial intelligence to improve the quality of my videos?
Artificial intelligence can be used to improve the quality of videos in different aspects, from editing to animation. For example, AI can be used to remove background noise, improve lighting, stabilise the image, and much more.
How can I generate ideas for new videos using artificial intelligence?
Another common use of artificial intelligence is to use it to generate ideas for new videos by creating scripts and selecting topics and keywords relevant to your channel's theme.
You can also use AI to analyze social media trends and user behavior to get ideas for relevant content.
How can I use artificial intelligence to increase the engagement and reach of my videos?
To increase the engagement and reach of your videos, AI is a great tool that allows you to personalize the same video for different audience segments.
On the other hand, it allows you to optimize the titles and descriptions of your multimedia productions to improve their positioning in search engines.
You can also use AI to analyze user interactions with your videos and optimize your content accordingly.
How can I use artificial intelligence to automate the production of my videos?
Undoubtedly, another great strength of artificial intelligence is that you can use it to automate video production by creating computer-generated audiovisual content, automatically editing videos and creating motion graphics and special effects.
This can save time and reduce production costs dramatically.
How can I use artificial intelligence to improve the distribution of my videos on different platforms?
Artificial intelligence can be used to improve the distribution of your videos on different platforms by creating audience profiles and personalizing videos for different audiences.
You can also use AI to analyze the performance data of your videos and optimize your content to improve reach and engagement on different platforms.
How do we see the future of video creation?
AI video generation is becoming a popular tool among content creators because of its ability to speed up the production process and improve the accuracy of the videos generated.
In addition, new technologies being developed in this field are allowing content creators to explore new ways of presenting information and telling stories in their videos.
Create professional and quality videos with the help of artificial intelligence!
If you liked it, share...
Agency specialized in digital marketing engineering. Traffic acquisition, analysis and optimization of results.